1. Kyrgyz Republic In April 2005, humanitarian aid - totaling $ 17 million 930 thousand tenge (approximately for the sum of 149 thousand U.S. dollars) in the form of 1,000 tons of food wheat. 2. The United States of America In September 2005, in money terms the totaling sum of 250 thousand US dollars. 3. Islamic Republic of Pakistan In October 2005 - 19 tons of flour (the first grade), 30 024 cans of canned meat cereal (pearl barley) to 325 grams, a ton of household soap 250 grams, 26 tents (winter), 520 mattresses (wadded), 520 blankets (half-woolen) and 520 pillows.
1. Republic of Indonesia In February, 2006, - in money terms the totaling sum of $ 35 000 U.S. dollars. 2. Republic of Tajikistan In April, 2006 in money terms the totaling sum of 20 000 U.S. dollars. 3. The Republic of Bulgaria In July, 2006, in money terms the totaling sum of 100 000 U.S. dollars. 4. Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Tajikistan and the State of Palestine in money terms - 50 000 U.S. dollars - the Kyrgyz Republic; - 50 000 U.S. dollars - Republic of Tajikistan; - 150 000 U.S. dollars - The State of Palestine; - 150 000 U.S. dollars - the Republic of Lebanon; The totaling sum of the humanitarian aid for 2005 - 2.88 million U.S. dollars.
1. Kyrgyz Republic In April, 2007, humanitarian aid in money terms the totaling sum of 25 million 920 thousand tenge (approximately the sum of 216 thousand U.S. dollars) in the form of 1 500 tons of food wheat. 2008 1. Republic of Tajikistan In February, 2008 – 1 000 tons of food wheat, 500 tons of diesel fuel, 500 tons of fuel oil, clothes and foodstuff for the total sum more than 1,4 million US dollars. 2. Islamic Republic of Afghanistan In March, June, 2008: - 1 913 tons of food grain for a total sum of 500 000 U.S. dollars; - 1.65 million U.S. dollars - on repair of the asphalted road; - 160 000 U.S. dollars - on school building; - 570 000 U.S. dollars - on hospital building. The total sum of humanitarian aid - 2.88 million U.S. dollars. 3. People’s Republic of China In May, 2008 - bedding, clothes, tents, foodstuff, medicines for the total sum of 3.6 million U.S. dollars. 4. Russian Federation In August, 2008 - bedding, clothes, building materials, foodstuff, medicines and medical property for the total sum of 526 936 U.S. dollars. 5. Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova In August, 2008 - disinfectants; - 250 000 U.S. dollars - Ukraine; - 250 000 U.S. dollars - Republic of Moldova The total sum of humanitarian aid - 747 733 U.S. dollars. 6. Georgia In September, 2008, - medicines, medical property life support facilities - for the total sum of 457 384 U.S. dollars. 7. Kyrgyz Republic In November, 2008 - $ 150 thousand dollars in the form of foodstuff (pasta, canned meat, canned milk and flour). 8. Republic of Cuba In November 2008, in money terms for the total sum 75 000 euros.
1. Republic of Tajikistan for the total sum of 12 054 866 U.S. dollars in the form of food grains - 12 536 tons, 9480 tons of diesel fuel, 29 340 tons of fuel oil. 2. In April 2009, the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for the sum of 25 379 135,64 tenge in the form of dried milk in the volume of 1 330 555 kg. 3. In October, 2009 - humanitarian aid to the Republic of Italy in money terms for the total sum 1.7 million euros for the restoration of the monumental complex, and the church of "Saint Biagi". 4. American Samoa in the sum of 50 thousand U.S. dollars.
1. Republic of Tajikistan In January, 2010 – 1 000 tons of rice groats, 1 630 435 liters of vegetable oil. The total sum of humanitarian aid - 809 323 599 tenge. 2. Islamic Republic of Afghanistan In February, 2010 – 6 000 tons of rice groats The total sum of humanitarian aid – 1 098 539 900 tenge. 3. Republic of Haiti In January 2010, in money terms for the total sum of 100 000 U.S. dollars. 4. Kyrgyz Republic In April, 2010, in the form of diesel fuel (summer) in volume of 3 700 tons of the state material reserve. In July of 2010 - for the sum of 103,5 million tenge in the form of armature. As well as rice goats, buckwheat, household soap, slate, edged board. For the purchase of coal - for the sum of 5 873 000 U.S. dollars. In August 2010, in the form of field kitchens KP-125 in number of ten (10) units, water supply systems, APC-14 in number of five (5) units, canned meat in volume of twenty (20) tons of canned meat cereal of 20 (twenty) tons. 5. Republic of Tajikistan In July, 2010 - for the sum 50 million tenge for natural emergency mitigation, for shore protection and channelclean work, as well as purchases of machinery and equipment necessary for safe water supply to irrigated lands in the area Kayrakkum reservoir. 6. Republic of Moldova In October, 2010, humanitarian aid in the form of rice groats in volume of 500 (five hundred) tons, 10-local summer tents in number of 100 (one hundred) pieces, pillowcases in number of 500 (five hundred) pieces, bedsheets in number of 1 000 (one thousand) pieces, wadded mattresses in number of 500 (five hundred) pieces, blankets in number of 500 (five hundred) pieces, pillows in number of 500 (five hundred) pieces, household soap in volume of sixty (60) tons. 7. Islamic Republic of Pakistan In October, 2010 - in money term for the sum of 100 000 U.S. dollars for elimination of consequences of flooding.
1. Islamic Republic of Pakistan In January, 2011, humanitarian aid in the form of groats rice in the volume of 30 tons, 10-local winter tents in number of 20 pieces, canned meat in number of 26 415 cans for the total sum of 11 million 268 875 tenge. 2. Islamic Republic of Afghanistan In February, 2011, humanitarian aid in the form of groats rice in the volume of 4 897 tons totaling the sum 850 million 652 900 tenge. 3. Japan In March, 2011 - totaling 25 million 521 425 in the form of canned meat in number of 83 250 cans, bleach (deohlor) in number of 918 kg, the totaling sum of 1 000 000 (one million U.S. dollars). 4. Republic of Tajikistan In the form of 80 000 liters of vegetable oil, 100 tons of steel pipes, 134 180 tons of metal rolls (angle), the total sum is 71 531 694 tenge. 5. Kyrgyz Republic In the form of corn seeds in volume of 500 (five hundred) tons the total sum of 152 985 654 tenge. 6. Ukraine In money term the total sum of 2 million (two million) euros. 7. Somalia In August, 2011, humanitarian aid in money term the total sum of 500 000 (five hundred thousand) U.S. dollars. 8. Turkish Republic In October, 2011 - the total sum of $ 9 286 830 million in the form of 10-local winter tents in number of sixty (60) units, stoves for heating in number of sixty (60) pieces, blankets in number of 300 (three hundred) pieces, mattresses in number of 300 (three hundred) pieces. 2012 1. Republic of Tajikistan: In the form of vegetable oil of 80 000 liters and wheat flour of the premium of 120 tons. For the total amount of 3 991 200 tenges (about 266 080 dollars of the USA).
1. Republic of Guatemala in a money equivalent for the sum of 50 000 US dollars 2. Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in the form of vegetable oil of 160 000 liters and buckwheat of 60 tons (for total amount about 528 000 US dollars) 3. LebaneseRepublic in a money equivalent for the sum of 200 000 US dollars 4. Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka in a money equivalent for the sum of 200 000 US dollars
1.Islamic Republic of Afghanistan: In the form of: 1 266,7 tons of wheat flour of 2 grades; 1000 tons of granulated sugar; 189892 tons of butter. For the total amount of 367394578 tenges (about 1 985 917 US dollars).
2.Russian Federation: In a money equivalent for the sum of 379 300 000 tenges (about 2 084 065 US dollars).
3.States of the Caribbean Region Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and Grenadines: in a money equivalent of 100 000 thousand dollars of the USA (to each state 5 000 thousand dollars of the USA).
4.Republic of the Philippines: in a money equivalent of 100 000 thousand dollars of the USA.
5. Republic Serbia: In the form of: 42 pieces of capacity for water; 1000 pieces of metal beds; 170 pieces 4-seater summer tents; 2500 pieces of pillows; 5000 pieces of a sheet; 2500 pieces of a pillowcase; 340 pieces of teapots of dining rooms; 2500 pieces of mattresses. For the total amount of 37 055 253 tenges (about 202 488 US dollars).
6.Islamic Republic of Afghanistan: province Badakhshan: In the form of: 130 000 pieces of milk canned food; 997 kilograms of pasta; 2 037 pieces of the warmed trousers; 2037 pieces of warm jackets; 21000 liters of vegetable oil. For the total amount of 47 256 910 tenges (about 258 235 thousand dollars of the USA). province Dzhauzdzhan: In the form of: 274 352 pieces of milk canned food; 4 755 pieces of the warmed trousers; 4755 pieces of warm jackets; 21000 liters of vegetable oil. For the total amount of 94 583 538 tenges (about 516 850 thousand dollars of the USA.)
7.Bosnia and Herzegovina: in a money equivalent for the sum of 100 000 US dollars.
8.Republic of Tajikistan: 154285 pieces of braised beef; 372 520 pieces of milk canned food. For the total amount of 114 826 072 tenges (about 627 465 thousand dollars of the USA)
Effectiveness of CES RK activity depends on the development of cooperation with international organizations such as UN, NATO, Asian disaster reduction center (ADRC), International civil defense organization (ICDO), IAEA. At the current moment CES RK is in close cooperation with UN offices, particularly with UN International strategy for disaster reduction (UNISDR), Office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (UN OCHA). We are working out cooperation with the World Food Program (UN WFP) In 2006 with the support of ISDR, according to the Hyogo Protocol for Action (HFA) has been developed and declared National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
UN OCHA and UNDP is assisting to create the Central Asian center for emergency response and disaster risk reduction (CACERDRR) with Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan. At the third Ministerial Conference in Malaysia during joint meeting of Central Asian countries’ delegations, UN OCHA and ADRC protocol was signed, in which, in addition to identifying measures for further regional cooperation, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan informally approved the documents establishing CACERDRR.
Also the representative of CES RK was approved to work in the UN Convention on the Transboundary Effects of Industrial Accidents who will represent the whole CA region.
Negotiations are in the process with ADRC on training of CES RK specialists.
ADRC headquarter is located in Kobe, Japan. ADRC was established in 1998 by the initiative of the Japanese Government, which took the basic financial costs of maintenance, with co-financing by ADRC member countries. ADRC was established in order to support the cooperation of Asian countries for disaster risk reduction and comprises 27 member states, 5 consultant states, 1 observer country.
Cooperation with the Centre can solve the problem of reducing the threat of earthquakes for Kazakhstan to use rich foreign scientific and practical experience of Japan and other Asian countries participating in the Center in the field of seismic research, development of preventive measures and seismic strengthening of buildings and facilities.
ADRC holds annual international meetings, various conferences, seminars and courses which includes participation of CES RK leaders and experts on regularly basis. One of such conferences was held in Astana, Kazakhstan in 2007. In addition to ADRC, organizers of the Conference were the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, UNISDR, UNDP, World Meteorological Organization, Government of Japan. The Conference was chaired by the Minister for Emergency Situations of the Republic of Kazakhstan and co-chaired by the Vice-minister for Disaster Management in Japan. Chairman of ADRC visited Kazakhstan for the first time to participate at the Conference. Also, each year with the support of ADRC, UN agencies and other concerned international organizations Asian ministerial conference on disaster risk reduction takes place with the participation of government agencies responsible for emergency prevention and elimination
Representatives of CES RK participated in Asian ministerial conferences on disaster risk reduction in India in 2007 and in Malaysia in 2008, in the framework of which by the support of the UN OCHA and ADRC special consultations on regional disaster prevention were held for Central Asian states.
Cooperation with NATO is carried out according to the plan implementation of the "Individual Partnership Action Plan of the RK with NATO", approved by the interagency commission on foreign policy in 2006, as well as planning and analysis process, as part of the program "Partnership for Peace." According to plan there was created an international rescue team on the basis of the republican expeditiously and rescue team to respond to emergency situations. Joint activities (seminars, conferences, courses) are defined in the framework of two-year Euro-Atlantic Partnership Plan.
Cooperation of CES RK with NATO is characterized by the regular participation of CES staff at various international conferences, seminars, courses and NATO exercises (mainly with the sponsorship of NATO). There are joint Working and the Individual Partnership Programs between NATO and various countries of the world. CES RK through PFP establishes interaction with emergency services of NATO members and partners. Contacts are established with the Swedish Rescue Services Agency, emergency services of the USA, Finland and Estonia. Representatives of the CES RK were trained at the NATO School on military and civilian planning in Oberammergau (Germany), at the training centers of the Swedish Rescue Services Agency and the Academy of planning for civil defense emergencies of German Ministry of Internal Affairs, at the European Center for Security named by George C. Marshall in Garmisch (Germany).
More active cooperation is developing with the US side through interaction with the Federal Agency for Emergency Management (FEMA), National Guard of Arizona (partner of Kazakhstan), Central Command (CENTCOM). This cooperation was initiated in 1997 by signing a bilateral letter of commitment on cooperation with the Governor of Arizona, Deputy Director of the Federal Agency for disaster management, Chief of the National Guard of Arizona.
An example of the fruitful bilateral cooperation is the jointly organized International Workshop-exercise on disaster response «IWER» in Almaty in 1999, involving 700 people, including the delegation of the U.S. Central Command, headed by its chief, Secretary of State of Arizona, management personnel and rescuers from Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and observers from Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Romania. Later the delegation of CES RK participated in similar workshops and trainings in Arizona in 2000 and in Kyrgyzstan in 2002, in Louisiana in 2003, in Uzbekistan in 2004.
In 2004-2006, CES experts regularly participated in consultations with NATO experts, held in Brussels and in Astana. At the same period in Astana there were several formal meetings between the Special Representative of the Secretary General of NATO in Central Asia Mr. Robert Simmons and Minister for Emergency Situations RK. Assistant to Secretary General of NATO on Civil Emergency Planning in his letter focused on accelerating the process of direction of CES representative to the Euro-Atlantic Coordination Centre on disasters response in order to effectively plan the international NATO exercises in Kazakhstan in 2009 and other activities in the framework of partnership programs.
In 2007 CES RK directed its representative to the Euro-Atlantic Emergency Center. In 2007 NATO delegation headed by the Special Representative of NATO in Central Asia and Caucasus Mr. Robert Simmons participated in "KAZSPAS 2007".
In April 2008, in Astana there was a meeting between the Minister for Emergency Situations and the Special Representative of NATO in Central Asia and Caucasus Mr.Robert Simmons. During this meeting following issued were discussed: implementation of Kazakhstan’s Individual Partnership Action Plan with NATO, the possibility of inclusion of new items for the next cycle (2008 -2009 years), as well as assisting in its implementation on the part of NATO.
In 2008 in order to present the idea of upcoming exercises Zhetysu 2009" in Kazakhstan under the auspices EADRCC CES RK take part in the meeting with partners in the framework of plenary session of the General Civil Emergency Planning Committee (SCEPC), also CES representatives participated in the exercises «Uusimaa 2008" on disaster response under the auspices of the EADRCC in Finland as observers.
In the system of international organizations dealing with disaster situations and civil defense International Civil Defence Organization (ICDO) plays an active role, headquarter of which is located in Switzerland (Geneva).
Membership in the ICDO provides an opportunity of entering our country to the current international structures; conduct training, information sharing, and involving donor countries to invest in projects on the territory of the republic in the field of emergency planning.
ICDO provides courses on various topics which includes the issues of planning and liquidation of emergency situations, emergency management, volunteers in the service of civil protection, interaction of rescue services with the media during emergencies, modern technologies of rescue and evacuation works, cooperation with international organizations and national agencies in organizing and conducting humanitarian operations, medicine in case of emergency, public notification and communication, etc. Participation in ICDO training courses is partly sponsored by the organizers and partly by the sending party.
Resolution IX of the General Assembly of ICDO established March 1 as the World Civil Defense Day.
This day, celebrated annually in all countries, is an important international action aimed at coordinating efforts of different countries in prevention of emergency situations, training the population and the national emergency services to potential disaster risks. In establishing this day, the ICDO aimed to attach people to the basic tasks of national civil defense services.
Each year ICDO approves the theme of the World Civil Defense Day celebration, in accordance of which a special appeal of the Secretary-General of ICDO is issued.
To celebrate the World Civil Defense Day at the national level Minister issues an order every year, according to which special events are organized in oblasts, Almaty and Astana, and results are informed to ICDO Secretariat.
Formation of legal base: Kazakhstan and foreign countries have signed over 20 intergovernmental agreements on emergency prevention and elimination. Partnership was established with CIS countries, the UN system, ICDO, ADRC, the International Technical Committee for the prevention and suppression of fires, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, the SCO and CSTO. The draft international agreements are ready for signing with China, Germany, Afghanistan, Korea, Jordan.